Name: Jorge Andrés Badilla Mora
- Medicine and Surgery. Costa Rica.
- Specialist in General Surgery. Costa Rica.
- Specialist in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic surgery. Costa Rica.
- ACCPRE (Plastic, Reconstructive and Esthetic Surgery Costa Rican Association)
- FILACP (Ibero-Latin American Federation of Plastic Surgery)
- ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgery)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery International University of the Americas. Costa Rica
- Bachelor’s Degree of Medicine and Surgery Universidad Internacional de las Américas. Costa Rica
- Professional Doctorate in Medicine and Surgery, Universidad Internacional de las Américas, Costa Rica. 2001.
Rotating Internship University:
- Internal Medicine, at the Max Peralta Hospital in Cartago. Costa Rica. October to December 2000.
- Obstetrics-Gynecology, at the Hospital Max Peralta in Cartago. Costa Rica. January to March 2001.
- Pediatrics, at the Monseñor Sanabria Hospital in Puntarenas. Costa Rica. April to June 2001.
- Surgery at the Rafael Angel Calderon Guardia Hospital in San Jose. Costa Rica. July to September 2001.
- Primary and secondary bilingual and U.S. residency
- British Institute Costarricense, 2004
- American Costa Rican Cultural Center, 2008
Attendance at Meetings:
- Course of Emergency and Critical Care topics. October and November, 1996.
- CPR Course Costa Rican Red Cross. July, 1999.
- Symposium “Recent Advances in Cardiology”. April, 2000.
- Second Congress of Family and Community Medicine. June, 2000.
- Course TRAUMA TEAM (Trauma Evaluation and Management) by the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma. November, 2000.
- Day of Pediatrics. Puntarenas, May, 2001.
- Traumatic Emergencies. October, 2001.
- Course on ethics and professional responsibility of the physician. February, 2002.
- Recertification Course CPR. UCR. May, 2002.
- “Days of Gastroenterology”. June, 2002.
- Activities to be undertaken by the Scientific Committee.
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Costa Rica. Postgraduate Course in Internal Medicine. June, 2002.
- ARBs and Cardiovascular Disease. June, 2002.
- Interactive Basic Course. Radiological Anatomy. June, 2002.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Course. HCG. October, 2002.
- Orientation and Induction Course for the worker. A.S. Coronado. October, 2002.
- First National Forum on Health Care of patient with acute abdomen. November, 2002.
- Symposium of respiratory infections. March and April. 2003.
- Refresher Course in General Surgery. April 2003.
- Refresher Course in Internal Medicine. May 2003.
- Teaching program of the clinic in Coronado. January to December, 2003.
- CPR Course. June, 2004.
- Advanced Cardiac Support course. AHA. July, 2004.
- AO Congress “distraction osteogenesis”. August 2009.
- Prime Nicaraguan Costa Rican Congress of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. November 2009.
- AO Congress “Seminar AOCMF high energy.” May 2011.
- Third Nicaraguan- Costa Rican Congress of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. November 2011.
- 39 International Anual Symposium of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery. October- November, 2012, Puerto Vallarta, México.
- 1st Costa Rican Seminar of Microsurgery. UCR. May 2014.
- Local Management of Health. A.S. Coronado. Costa Rica. November 2003 – November, 2004.
Rotations and / or workshops:
- Internship Surgical Emergencies. HCG. Costa Rica. March, 2004.
- Center of detection and treatment of gastric cancer. CCSS. Costa Rica. September-October 2007.
- Botox ® Advanced Workshop. “Evolving the application of Botox” November 2011.
- Updated: Dupuytren’s disease. Costa Rican Medical Act. AMC. October, 2004.
- Laparoscopic splenectomy, experience of general surgery group 2, Hospital Mexico. 2002 to the first half of 2008. July 2008. Medical Journal of Costa Rica and Central America. Number 585.
- Adenocarcinoma of Rete Testis. December 2008. Medical Journal of Costa Rica and Central America. Number 586.
- Retroperitoneal liposarcoma. Peritoneal sarcomatosis. April 2009. Medical Journal of Costa Rica and Central America. Number 587.
- Left adrenal gland myelolipoma. June 2009. Medical Journal of Costa Rica and Central America. Number 588.
- Appendiceal mucocele. December 2009. Medical Journal of Costa Rica and Central America. Number 590
- Statistical analysis and experience of the first 16-level open procedures for benign esophageal hiatus. Case report and literature review. March 2010. Medical Journal of Costa Rica and Central America. Number 591.
- Melanoma, Statistical analysis and experience of the first 40 laparoscopic esophageal hiatus at the 16 versus open procedures for benign disease. Clinical cases, comparative results and literature review. May 2010. Medical Journal of Costa Rica and Central America. Number 593.
- Papillary thyroid cancer metastatic to adrenal gland. October 2011. Medical Journal of Costa Rica and Central America. Number 599.
Articles pending publication:
- Lymphedema. Costa Rican Medical Act. AMC. 2012.
- Medical Melanoma.Revista Costa Rica and Central America. 2012.
- Juvenile breast hypertrophy or macromastia virginal. Costa Rican Medical Act. Medical Journal of AMC and Costa Rica and Central America. 2012.
- Assistant general practitioner at Clinic Medical Center in Santa Monica. Barranca – Puntarenas. Costa Rica.
- General practitioner at Clinic Coronado, CCSS, the emergency service, outpatient and operating room. Costa. Rica.
- General Surgery Residency. Hospital Mexico CCSS.
- Deputy Head of residents and interns. Hospital Mexico, CCSS. Costa Rica.
- Chief resident and interns, Hospital Mexico, CCSS. Costa Rica.
- Assistant Surgeon General. Hospital San Rafael de Alajuela.
- Residency in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. Hospital Mexico, CCSS. Costa Rica.
- Assistant Specialist in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. Hospital Mexico CCSS. Costa Rica.
- Professor of the postgraduate course of plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery.
- Professor of plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery of the UCR.
- Professor of plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery of the ULatina.